The Spanish tenor, began his career in Argentina; as a student, he debuted at the Teatro Colón with Bach's "St Matthew Passion" and Donizetti's "Rita". His early success lead him to studies at the Vienna Conservatorium, furthermore, he perfected his Rossini repertory at the Academia Rossiniana ROF with the famous Rossini-expert, maestro Alberto Zedda.
Cameselle is internationally known for singing opera aries from the Belcanto era. His talent shines especially at Rossini operas because of his ease for higher vocal parts as well as his bright and clear voice. One of his most famous parts is singing the extremely difficult Lindoro part from "L'Italiana in Algeri", together with Agnes Baltsa at the Megaron Mousikis in Athen/Greece as well as in Essen/Germany and Spoleto/Italy. He also sang together with Simone Alaimo at the Teatro San Carlo in Neapel/Italy in the most famous Rossini opera "Il Barbiere di Siviglia", and proved the intense depth of his voice together with Renato Bruson in "Guillaume Tell" at Eva Marton’s opera festival in Miskolc/Hungary and at the National Theater in Warsaw/Poland. He is also a part of the live recording of "La gazza ladra" (available as a compact disc) at the Rossini festival “Rossini in Wildbad”, Bad Wildbad/Germany.
A welcome change for the talented singer is singing arias from less well-known operas from Rossini, such as "Mosè/Mosè in Egitto" (which he mastered glamorously at the Tyrol festivals in Erl/Austria and in Sardinia/Italy). He payed his maestro homage by singing arias at the prestigious Rossini opera festival "Il Viaggio a Reims" in Pesaro/Italy and at the Teatro Marrucino in Chieti/Italy.
Pablo Cameselle also specialized in singing operas from Gaetano Donizetti. Donizetti’s operas are known for demanding subtle vocal techniques with bright and clear accords of sounds, such as "Ah, mes amis". This opera, often called the “Mount Everest” for tenor because of featuring nine high C’s, was handled by the young tenor with ease as well as "La Fille du Régiment", at the Opera Auditorio in Teneriffa/Spain. Currently, Cameselle is part of Donizetti’s “Don Pasquale” at the National Theater in Beograd/Serbia (a part he also sang in Košice/Slovakia). His interpretation of Nemorino in "L'Elisir d'Amore" was also well acclaimed at the Teatro Coccia in Novara/Italy and Beograd/Serbia.
Mozart is another big part of Cameselle’s remarkable repertory. For example, he shined while playing a double role in "Le nozze di Figaro" at the Mozart festival in Hallstatt/Austria and "Mozart in Reinsberg“, Reinsberg/Germany. An important milestone in the career of the young tenor is the performance in “Don Giovanni”, together with the famous baritone Mariusz Kwiecien in Krakov/Poland. A masterly-achievement is Cameselle’s part in Haendels “Acis and Galatea” (re-edited by Mozart) which he sang in four Italian theaters, in Pisa, Chieti, Livorno and Puccinis birth town Lucca.
By expanding his tremendous oeuvre in the last years, Cameselle not only specialized in operas from the baroque, such as Purcell’s “The Fairy Queen” in Stettin/Poland, he also triumphed in the title role in Darius Milhaud’s “Le Pauvre Matelot” at the Vienna Kammeroper. Of course, Zarzuela is also a part of the repertory of the well-known and highly active tenor.
Last year, the tenor made his debut as Alfredo in "La Traviata" and as Elvino in "La Sonnambula" at the National Theatre in Kosice. At the end of the year he sang the "Mozart Requiem" together with the Jerusalem Philharmonic Orchestra in Israel. In the beginning of this year Pablo Cameselle appeared in "The Faity Queen" at the Opera Festival Tigre in Buenos Aires. Soon after, he sang again in "Ariadne auf Naxos" in Kosice and in "Don Pasquale" and "Il Babriere di Siviglia" in Israel.
This autumn Pablo Cameselle received numerous excellent reviews of the press about his debut in "The Nose" by Shostakovich with the Neue Oper Wien at the Vienna Kammeroper (Der Standard: "High notes specialist Pablo Cameselle").
This successful production will soon be repeated internationally, at the Budapest Festival at the Palace of Arts MüPa, as well as the following year at the Teatro Sociale in Trento, Italy. Soon he will sing the role of Ottavio in Mozart's "Don Giovanni" and the "Great Mass in C Minor" in Israel.
SELECTION OF ARTISTIC ACTIVITIES
• "L’Italiana in Algeri" – Megaron Athens, Greece (with Agnes Baltsa)
• "Il Barbiere di Siviglia" –Teatro S. Carlo, Napoli, Italy (w. Simone Alaimo)
• "Guillaume Tell" – Opera Festival Miskolc, Hungary (w. Renato Bruson)
• "Guillaume Tell" – Teatr Wielki-Opera Narodowa, Warsaw, Poland
• "L’Italiana in Algeri" – Aalto Theater, Essen, Germany
• "L'Italiana in Algeri" – Teatro Lirico Sperimentale A. Belli, Spoleto, Italy
• "Mosè in Egitto" (Ed. Critica/ROF) – Teatro di Tradizione, Sassari, Italy
• "Mosè" – Festival "Tiroler Festspiele", Erl, Austria
• "Il Viaggio a Reims" – Rossini Opera Festival, Pesaro, Italy
• "Il Viaggio a Reims" – Teatro Marrucino, Chieti, Italy
• "La Gazza ladra" (CD Recording), Festival "Rossini in Wildbad" – Germany
• "La fille du Régiment" – Opera Auditorio de Tenerife, Spain
• "L’Elisir d’Amore" – Teatro Coccia di Novara, Italy
• "L'Elisir d'Amore" – Opera National Theatre, Belgrade
• "Don Pasquale" – Statne Divadlo Theatre, Kosice, Slovakia
• "Don Pasquale" – Opera National Theatre, Belgrade
• "Don Giovanni" – Opera Krakow, Poland (w. Mariusz Kwecien)
• "Le nozze di Figaro", Mozartfestival Salzkammergut – Hallstatt, Austria
• "Le nozze di Figaro", Festival Mozart in Reinsberg, Austria
• "Acis and Galatea" (Haendel rev. Mozart) – Teatro Verdi, Pisa // Teatro Goldoni, Livorno, Italy
• "Acis and Galatea" (Haendel rev. Mozart) – Teatro del Giglio, Lucca // Teatro Marrucino, Chieti, Italy
• "The Nose" (Shostakovich) – Neue Oper Wien, Kammeroper Vienna, Austria
• "Le pauvre Matelot" (Milhaud) – Wiener Kammeroper, Vienna, Austria
• "The fairy Queen" (Purcell) – Opera na Zamku, Stettin, Poland
• "Mozart & Salieri" (Rimski-Korsakow) – Teatro Politeama, Lecce, Italy
• "Die Witwe des Schmetterlings" (Yun) – Festival Tongyeong, South Korea
• "Der Glockenturm" (Krenek) — Semper Depot/Theater an der Wien, Vienna, Austria
• "Trouble in Tahiti" (Bernstein) — Neue Oper Wien/Odeon Theater, Vienna, Austria
• "Bellini, ultime luci" (Betta) – Teatro Politeama Greco, Lecce, Italy
• "Mireille" (Gounod) – Opera Festival Miskolc, Hungary
• "Ariadne auf Naxos" (R. Strauss) – Statne Divadlo Theatre, Kosice, Slovakia
OPERETTA / ZARZUELA:
• "Die Fledermaus" (Strauss) – Wiener Konzerthaus, Vienna, Austria
• "Die Lustige Witwe" (Lehar), Kleine Festspiele Salzburg – Burg Golling, Austria
• "Pan y Toros" zarzuela (De Barbieri) – Opera de Lausanne, Switzerland
• "Mozart Requiem" – Musikverein Wien, Vienna, Austria
• "Matthäus Passion" (Bach) – Teatro Colon, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• "Chant sur la mort d'Haydn" (Cherubini) – Teatro Politeama, Prato, Italy
• "Messe solennelle de Sainte Cécile" (Gounod) – Teatro Morlacchi, Perugia, Italy
• "Haydn Requiem" – Musikverein Wien, Vienna, Austria
• "Coronation Mass" (Mozart) — Stift Geras, Austria
• "Stabat Mater" (Rossini) — Neunkirchen, Austria (w. Marianna Pizzolato)
• "Le Laudi" (Suter) — Kulturcasino, Bern, Switzerland
CONCERTS / PEFORMANCES
• Operetta Gala Concert – Wiener Konzerthaus, Vienna, Austria
• Zarzuela concert – State Philharmonic, Kosice, Slovakia
• Kaffeesiederball – Hofburg, Vienna, Austria
• Fashion week — Museumsquartier, Vienna, Austria
• Opera gala concert — Palacio Noel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• "Frühling in Burghausen" — Kurfürst Maximilian-Saal, Burghausen, Germany
• "Cuarteto Cameselle" Tango concert — Aera/Ostklub, Vienna, Austria
• Life Ball (charity performance) — Rathaus, Vienna, Austria
• "Hudobne leto" zarzuela concert – Festival Trencianske Teplice, Slovakia
• Christmas concert (charity f. SOS Kinderdorf) — Austrian Embassy, Buenos Aires, Argentina